The potential sites for HS #12 Howard County high school, including:
• 70+ acres on Route I in Elkridge.
• 53 acres on Washington Boulevard.
• 84 acres on Waterloo Road.
• 1,000 acres owned by the Ziegler family adjacent to Wallas Park.
• 876 acres owned by the Carroll family at Manor Lane.
• 400 acres currently owned by Howard County on Triadelphia Road and is slated for a park.
Requesting any further documentation/discussion about what site was in Elkridge and why it was not utilized or land banked at the time.
Responsive to this request, we have been unable to locate additional records related to such a site. This list appears to have been presented by a citizen/community group during public forum on February 2, 2002. A search of minutes from subsequent meetings resulted in a mention of the list again at a February 21, 2002, Board of Education meeting: https://www.boarddocs.com/mabe/hcpssmd/Board.nsf/legacy-content/83NMDN4D72E7/$FILE/02-21-02%20Reg%20BOE%20Mtg.pdf. However, no supporting documentation regarding consideration of a site in Elkridge was located in either Board records or School Planning/Operations records.