1) I would like to know who are sitting on the HCPSS ethics panel, what are the term and each member's background. For this purpose, I would ask HCPSS put those information online and share it publicly. Right now, I could not find it HCPSS website.
2) I would like to know during the last five years, how many investigations the ethics panel has looked into for both BOE members and senior school staff and what are the outcomes of those investigations.
Responsive to this request, the following individuals are currently serving on the HCPSS Ethics Panel:
- Charlotte Hardnett, term expires June 30, 2018
- Bill Jackson, term expires April 10, 2023
- Vic Gladstone, term expires April 10, 2023
- Marguerite Alexander, term expires April 10, 2023
Under MPIA GP § 4-311 individual personnel records, including applications, are exempt from disclosure. This includes, as advised in the Fourteenth Edition of the Maryland Public Information Act Manual created by Maryland’s Office of the Attorney General, “information submitted by individuals seeking to serve on agency advisory committees.” As such, we are denying your request for each member’s background that would have been submitted as part of their application to the Ethics Panel.
Additionally, from a review of historical Ethics Panel considerations, there have been nine complaints related to senior level staff and/or Board of Education members. As each investigation is related to individual personnel matters, we are denying release of specific outcomes under MPIA GP § 4-311.