1. Who applied to be on the AAC?
2. What criteria was used to develop any screening questions that were asked of potential AAC members during the selection process?
3. Who developed selection criteria for the AAC applicants?
4. Who chose applicants for further consideration after the initial screening criteria was applied?
5. Who had/has responsibility for final selection of AAC members?
6. What role did the HCPSS superintendent have (if any) in selecting AAC members?
7. Any other information regarding the recruitment, selection, and implementation of the AAC members and the AAC process.
Responsive to this request, the entire 2020-2021 boundary review process is outlined on the HCPSS website: https://www.hcpss.org/school-planning/boundary-review/ - more specifically, records containing details regarding the Attendance Area Committee (AAC) member selection and role can be found under the links provided below.
The Office of School Planning indicates no records regarding applications or screening questions exist for the current iteration of the boundary review process. For reference, changes to the scope of the AAC were made to Policy 6010 effective February 28, 2019, as part of recommendations from a Redistricting Committee formed in 2017. These changes included the option for the use of an applicant/interview system for nomination of AAC candidates, which had been used in the past.
Thank you for your interest in the 2020-2021 School Planning Boundary Review. For questions about the process, please see the boundary review frequently asked questions page or contact the Office of School Planning at 410-313-7184 or SchoolPlanning@hcpss.org. Feedback is also being accepted via survey and in-person at community input sessions.