Responsive to this request, please find below the opening week/training expectation memorandums sent to administrators for SY2018-2019 and SY2019-2020. Per a follow-up request for information regarding the basic points in the Section 504 Overview training and what staff is required to take it, our staff provided this course overview information for that module - which is required of all certified staff as indicated in the chart provided:
Section 504 Overview for Certificated Staff
This course will provide certificated employees with an understanding of the provision of Section 504 and how to assist student with suspected disabilities to receive access to public education.
2. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Overview (video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67BxQlCpAo )
3. HCPSS Section 504 Procedures and Guidelines
4. Section 504 Parent Referral Form
5. Section 504 School Referral Form
6. Knowledge-Check Questions
The documents covered, such as the Procedures and Guidelines and referral forms, can be found on this HCPSS website: https://www.hcpss.org/academics/section-504/.