Specifically, I am requesting:
Contract and resume of local school superintendent, including salary history in current position, and expense records for 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Names of local school board members, salary for board work, and their expense records for 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Ethics forms, if required by your system. If not, please say so.
Outside contracts from November 1, 2020 through October 31, 2022 for your local school system.
Out of court settlements for the past 24 months
Responsive to this request, the following records are publicly available online:
- February 2022 HCPSS Superintendent Contract: https://go.boarddocs.com/mabe/hcpssmd/Board.nsf/files/CBHTMC77F47A/$file/Martirano%20Contract.pdf. The current contract for Dr. Michael J. Martirano.
- In addition to the contract above, you can see the salary history and terms/benefits of each contract awarded during Dr. Martirano’s tenure at the following links:
- Dr. Martirano’s Biography: https://www.hcpss.org/superintendent/#biography. Scroll to the bottom of this page for education/achievements/etc.
- Current HCPSS Board Members and profiles: http://go.boarddocs.com/mabe/hcpssmd/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B6FR2T684C3A
For reference, salaries for Board of Education members and a scholarship for the Student Member of the Board are statutorily defined for Howard County under Education Article §3-703. Further clarification and time would be needed to determine scope of out of court settlements.
A. This section only applies to the following appointed officials and employees.
(1) All employees that report directly to the Board of Education;
(2) All employees that report directly to the Superintendent;
(3) All employees with the following partial or full title:
c. Benefits Administrator
e. Community Superintendent
g. Executive Director
i. MPIA Compliance Specialist
j. Performance, Equity, and Community Response Officer
l. Purchasing Technician
m. Safety and Risk Management Officer
n. Senior Communications Specialist
o. Use of School Facilities Designee; and
(4) Any position as determined by the Superintendent due to reorganization, position creation, or assignment of duty.